Today’s blog post is my list of Pro’s to having Type 1 Diabetes!
I know what you are thinking….what do you mean, a list of good things about having a disease, what are you crazy?!
Nope…it’s my way of looking at my life and appreciating all the little moments that make me who I am! Do not get me wrong…I have my days, that I just say “I can’t Diabetes today!!!!” I actually have lots of those days. I will leave the Con’s for another blog post!
My list of Pro’s!
- My increased appreciation of my life.
- When my blood sugar drops I get to eat sweets.
- I am a technologically advanced human.
- I get to argue that I can eat all the things!
- Advocating for Type 1 Diabetes is important.
- My kids get to learn from me about health.
- My husband gets the task of raiding a drug store if we come to the end of times.
- Getting to share all of my stories with all of you.
- I learn new things about myself everyday and how Diabetes impacts me as I grow.
- Embarking on new adventures while learning how to manage my Diabetes, I want to master the unknown (to me).
- Seeing all the new technology that will make me more bionic is exciting and I want to use it now!
- I love when people ask why I still have a beeper.
- Being part of a very large community throughout the world fighting this disease and helping others, even if its posting on my blog for someone out there wanting to learn more! It is such a cool feeling and you are instant BFF’s when you are out and about and see someone else that is dealing with the same things you are.
Thanks for reading!!